According to my records we have added at least 34 new members (these remain active and have not moved) and have baptized at least 25 people since January 2011. That’s exciting news!! That being said, there are a number of people who have asked me, “how do I become a member of the Minnetrista Baptist Church?” Well, here is the answer…
1. Attend a New Members Class…our next class will be October 21st from 9-11:30 am.
2. Come forward in a morning worship service stating your desire for membership.
3. If you have not been baptized as a believer by immersion (going all the way under the water) do so. We can baptize believers any time they want.
4. Meet with the Diaconate and share your Christian testimony (when/how you invited Jesus to be your Savior and Lord).
5. Be voted into our local body usually on a Sunday morning.
Here are 4 reasons why you should be a member of a local church…
1. It’s Biblical – Throughout the Bible believers were identified with a local church
2. It gives the church stability – For a church to be stable it needs people to step up to a higher level of commitment and support it with their time, talent and treasures.
3. It provides accountability – When you become a member you are making a commitment (like marriage) and then held accountable for fulfilling those commitments.
4. It benefits you – It is a statement that you take your commitment to Christ seriously and are committing yourself to Christ’s local church.
Whether you are a member or not I’m blessed to be your Pastor!
See you in church,